You are here
Mesotherapy is a technique which consists of injecting a hydrating, nutritious and revitalising mixture into the skin. It is used in medicine to combat pain for example, but also in cosmetic dermatology.
In this respect, it is known by many names according to what it does:
- mesolift when it works to revitalise the face and improve the appearance of wrinkles
- lipodissolve or mesodrain to treat cellulite,
- Mesopecia in the case of hair loss
Specialists manually use a very fine syringe or a single-use injection gun. They inject, at a superficial level, tiny quantities of a chosen product, containing vitamins, trace elements and minerals into various areas of the face. The injections are often done along the length of the wrinkles or following a pattern depending on the desired results. One session of mesotherapy may comprise many hundreds of injections.
Generally injected products contain:
- vitamins, trace elements and minerals
- hyaluronic acid a molecule which is naturally found in the skin and which enables it to retain water.
Mesolift nourishes and rehydrates the skin, promotes blood circulation and when hyaluronic acid is used in a filler, it restores volume, improves wrinkles and fine lines.
The face regains its radiance and softness, the skin is smoother.