You are here
Take care of over-exposed skin
It is never too late to take positive steps and adopt some good habits when in the sun, whatever your age and whatever marks it has left on your skin.
Whether you have just started exposing yourself to the sun, or whether you have sunbathed for many years, your skin can become dehydrated. You should nourish it to give it back its suppleness and softness. Choose formulas that are enriched in:
- Nourishing fatty elements,
- Anti-oxidants like Vitamin E to combat the surplus of free radicals, responsible for the early appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
If you get sunburn, opt for a repairing product like the after sun RoC® Soleil-Protect Refreshing Skin Restoring Milk, our after-sun which contains Vitamin E, which has anti-oxidant properties which help to fight the destructive effect of free radicals caused by UV rays. Another notable benefit: this hydrating product helps to prolong your suntan, which is great as well!
Take action to prevent and correct brown spots
Fair skins, exposed to the sun over several years, are of primary concern but they are not the only category. The accumulation of sun can lead to the appearance of spots, even on dark skin. To prevent them forming, opt from now on for specific sun care products powered by:
- Fruit acids to exfoliate the skin’s surface and eliminate cells which are full of melanin, the substance responsible for the coloration of the skin,
- Anti-oxidants to combat free radicals,
- Active ingredients such as Vitamin C to halt the activity of tyrosinase, the enzyme at the start of the formation of grains of melanin. Our RoC® Soleil-Protect Anti-Brown Spot Unifying Fluid therefore contains Vitamin C* and UVA and UVB filters, providing your skin a protection level of SPF 50+ to protect it from photo-ageing whilst correcting and preventing brown spots**.
Take action to correct the signs of ageing
To deal with wrinkles and fine lines caused by the sun, or to prevent their appearance and development, choose an anti-wrinkle sun care product. This type of moisturiser will often offer a very high sun protection, whilst delivering an anti-ageing action. This is the case with RoC® Soleil-Protect Anti-Wrinkle Smoothing Fluid, an innovation which has a sun protection level of SPF 50+ and contains the highest concentration of hyaluronic acid***. This is an ingredient which is naturally present in the skin, with plumping and firming properties.
Take action on the inside: our tips
Since UV rays attack skin cells and make the skin drier and because they are involved in the production of free radicals, which accelerate skin ageing, it is essential to hydrate yourself correctly and to consume foods that are rich in anti-oxidants. So drink at least 1.5 litres of water per day to help your skin remain supple and elastic. Also consider green tea and fresh fruit and vegetable juice for their thirst-quenching, hydrating and anti-oxidant powers. Finally, opt for fruits and vegetables that are rich in water to help fight against dryness and free radicals: cucumber, lettuce, tomato and zucchini. as well as watermelon, melon, strawberries and citrus fruits.
* Vitamin C derivative
**In vitro test